From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: EFI-based bootloader for BIOS-based computers (?)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 16:38:49
1 On Saturday 22 Feb 2014 16:26:49 Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 > Am 22.02.2014 16:56, schrieb Poison BL.:
3 > > On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Last I did much research on it, the only semi-working implementation of
6 > > OSX in a VM required VMware Workstation as the host, involved booting a
7 > > hacked together boot cd image, and crashed and burned hard on updates.
8 > > It was interesting, but not very viable for anything that's of any
9 > > measurable importance at all. I tested it out for a couple days to
10 > > compile a little pice of code a mac user friend wanted to play with...
11 > > it was dog slow on my system otherwise (but that was likely my system's
12 > > fault, old E8400 @4GB ram at the time + Win7)
13 >
14 > I too failed miserably trying to run Hackintosh on a Gentoo Host (with
15 > Virtualbox). It's hard to get it to run at all, and when it runs, it's
16 > very slow an unstable.
17 >
18 > The only supported way to run OSX in a VM is with an OSX Host and VMware
19 > Fusion. I tried that too on my MacPro, it runs good, but it's not very
20 > smooth because you have no hardware acceleration (graphics) inside the
21 > VM. OSX is just not made to run in an virtualized environment.
22
23 Thank you both, your advice will save me time. :-)
26 Regards,
27 Mick