From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] perl 5.12 downgrade ??
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:40:12
1 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > The reason I'm asking is that I'm getting some strange errors when using 'sql-ledger' eg.
4 > Using a hash as a reference is deprecated at SL/IS.pm line 582.
5
6 The 'XXX is depreciated" messages are not normally errors. They are just
7 to inform you that the script is using a depreciated feature and that
8 unless it is changed (to use a non depreciated mechanism) that it will
9 stop working in a future version. This is aimed primarily at the scripts
10 author/maintainer. For a user it should prompt one of three actions, in
11 order of preference, a) Upgrade to a later version of the script, b)
12 check if this has already been reported as a bug (either upstream or in
13 Gentoo) and if not raise a bug report, c) Ignore it.