From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge stopped working
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 22:18:07
1 On 2/5/2011, at 8:39pm, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Two final DONTs:
4 >
5 > Never blindly accept what depclean says and let it do it's thing. Study the
6 > output, the warning printed on the screen to do just that is there for a
7 > reason.
8 >
9 > Never blindly update protected config files with etc-update etc. Check each
10 > one individually and do it manually.
11
12 Also: DO configure Portage to email its elog messages to you, so that there's no chance of you failing to read any one of them. I prefer to process each one before closing the tmux session in which I'm performing the emerge.
13
14 $ grep -i mail /etc/make.conf
15 PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
16 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root"