From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: get process name in c++
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:24:35
1 Hi,
2
3 I posted this email a short while ago, and got some great tips for
4 accessing /proc/self/status to read the process name. However, guess
5 what I just found (after I've finished and tested my /proc/
6 implementation?)
7
8 man 3 program_invocation_short_name:
9
10 NAME
11 program_invocation_name, program_invocation_short_name - obtain name
12 used to invoke calling program
13 ...
14
15 DESCRIPTION
16 program_invocation_name contains the name that was used to invoke the
17 calling program. This is the same as the value of argv[0] in main(),
18 with the difference that the scope of program_invocation_name is
19 global.
20
21 cool! Oh well, reading /proc/ was an experience :)
22