From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD ''Vishera'' FX-Series CPU
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 01:32:51
1 Dearest FX-8350,
2
3 Will I get lucky and be happy (price justified by performance
4 enhancements) if we consummate our first transaction?
5 Or should I want for your cousin the Steamroller?
6 <snip>
9 Any got Gentoo running on a new AMD Vishera
10 (FX-8350) CPU based system (Oct, 23 2012 launch) ?
11
12 Anyone seen one of these systems yet?
13 Anyone got one on order? (in the US)?
14
15 http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Vishera-Bulldozer-Piledriver-FX-Series,17844.html
16
17 http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20120921231354_AMD_Sets_the_FX_Vishera_Launch_Date.html
18
19 Since I'm specifying a new system, I figured
20 I'd also enquire about mobo recommendations to go with these chips.
21 Will a mobo for Vishera also work with the new Steamroller
22 chips?
23
24 Does the new pile-driver micro-architecture present any
25 compiler issues with gcc or other compilers?
26
27 nefariously curious,
28 James