From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMD ''Vishera'' FX-Series CPU
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 01:32:51
Dearest FX-8350,

Will I get lucky and be happy (price justified by performance
enhancements) if we consummate our first transaction?
Or should I want for your cousin the Steamroller?
<snip>

Any got Gentoo running on a new AMD Vishera
(FX-8350) CPU based system (Oct, 23 2012 launch) ?

Anyone seen one of these systems yet?
Anyone got one on order? (in the US)?

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Vishera-Bulldozer-Piledriver-FX-Series,17844.html

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20120921231354_AMD_Sets_the_FX_Vishera_Launch_Date.html

Since I'm specifying a new system, I figured
I'd also enquire about  mobo recommendations to go with these chips.
Will a mobo for Vishera also work with the new Steamroller
chips?

Does the new pile-driver micro-architecture present any
compiler issues with gcc or other compilers?

nefariously curious,
James