From: Greg Bengeult <gregbengeult@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Acroread 7.0.5-r1 very slow startup
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 00:37:30
1 Urs Schuetz wrote:
2 > Acroread startup is very slow on my gentoo sistem. It takes more
3 > than 2 minutes to start acrobat on my old AMD Duron 800 MHz. Also
4 > on further startups the load time stays more or less the same.
7 I can confirm the same behavior on my system. 800 MHz hyperthreaded P4,
8 and top shows that one of the cores hits 100% while acroread is starting
9 up. It takes nearly three minutes to load, and strace shows it hanging
10 at the same places. I'll probably go back to 7.0.1.1.
11
12 Greg
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list