From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] viewing quicktime online
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:09:56
1 Harry Putnam schreef:
2 > What do I need to do to be able to view a quicktime video online?
3 >
4 > I see a couple of quicktime library packages but neithers website
5 > mention plugin tools for Mozilla.
6 >
7 > I'm guessing there are viewers available that employ these libs. But
8 > need to know what combination of things I need.
11 mplayerplug-in
14 net-www/mplayerplug-in
15 Available versions: 2.80 2.85 3.11
16 Installed: 3.11
17 Homepage: http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/
21 MPlayer Media Types Supported
22 Window Media wmv, avi, asf, wav and asx
23 QuickTime mov and smil
24 MPEG Video and Audio mpeg and mp3
25 Ogg Vorbis ogg
26 AutoDesk FLI fli and flc
27 Vivo vivo
28 Real Player ram and rm
29
30 is probably the best-known of these tools, but there are others;
31
32 there is a package called 'mozplugger', which supports several formats
33 (possibly more than mplayerplug-in), as well as the older
34 netscape-plugger on which it is based,; gxine creates a plugin for web
35 browsers (plain xine might do so as well, I'm not sure); so does
36 realplayer, iirc; and you can also install QuickTime itself using Wine
37 or Crossover Office, which will also give you a browser plugin.
38
39 HTH,
40 Holly
41 --