From: Space Cake <spacecakex@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: move to xfce and forget kde and gnome
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 09:53:55
1 2011-08-19 14:54 keltezéssel, Nikos Chantziaras írta:
2 > On 08/19/2011 03:02 PM, Space Cake wrote:
3 >> hi,
4 >>
5 >> after playing a lot with desktop environment first I've decided to move
6 >> from kde to gnome because kde is too "shine" and eat too much and
7 >> contains a lot of feature which I don't really need.. gnome is good but
8 >> still too fat.... so finally I've found Xfce which is perfect for my
9 >> needs... :)
10 >>
11 >> my question is what is the easiest way to get rid of kde/gnome stuff? is
12 >> this enough to change my useflags to -kde and -gnome? Is there any list
13 >> what I can safely unmerge in this case?
14 >
15 > You change your profile. You can see your current profile with:
16 >
17 > eselect profile list
18 >
19 > For KDE you would use "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde" and for
20 > Gnome "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/gnome".
21 >
22 > For anything else, use "default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop". Then do a:
23 >
24 > emerge -auDN --with-bdeps=y world
25 > emerge -a --depclean
26 >
27 > If KDE/Gnome stuff still remains after that, use:
28 >
29 > emerge -pv --depclean <package>
30 >
31 > to see what's pulling-in <package>.
34 So, what if I have changed the flags to -kde and -gnome, and I also ran
35 depclean, also used the script provided by some kind member of the list
36 and I still have all the kde gnome stuff on my system? Do I need some
37 list of packages should I unmerge? Should I simple unmerge packages
38 kde-base/* and so on and run revdep-rebuild after this? Is this a
39 working approach?
40
41 Thank you
42 Laszlo