From: Abraham Gyorgy <hangcsapda@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: init 1, root device is busy :(
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 22:05:12
1 Francesco Talamona wrote:
2 > On Saturday 19 April 2008, Abraham Gyorgy wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thanks a lot! I'll give a deep look at the mentioned files.
5 >> Anyway I think I'll set my fstab. Now all my partitions are set to
6 >> "never fsck" at boot time. :)
9 > Supposing it's a ext2/3 partition you may also want to use tune2fs to
10 > set the check *frequency*.
11 >
12 > Other filesystems have specialized tools to do it.
13 >
14 > Ciao
15 > Francesco
18 Yes, I know that (read in the manpage). Once I did mess up totally my
19 filesystem (I think I typed wrong arguments accidentally) with tune2fs. :)
20 Since then I really fear of that command.
21
22 Okay, so after setting a correct fstab (and the shutdown -Fr now) _all_
23 my partitions were checked during boot (no more need to worry about the
24 init 1 thing.). My root partition were fixed (reboot was needed). I'll
25 set an fsck frequency and set counters to zero. Thanks all the help,
26 people on this mailing list are very-very helpful. Thanks everyone who
27 wrote to this thread!
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list