From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sound driver
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 05:26:35
1 > Glenn Enright <elinar <at> ihug.co.nz> writes:
2 > Ok. Sounds like you are on the right track...
3 >
4 > 1. has the system had sound working before? (Perhaps under a different
5 > kernel?) Then check to see if you have the right kernel modules loaded. This
6 > seems unlikely because your programs aparently think its all go.
7 No, have never gotten sound working under gentoo(only linux tried) on this
8 new portable.
11 > 2. Run Kmix and make sure your sound levels are NOT zero.
12
13 yes it about midspan....seems ok.
14 >
15 > 3. The kde sound server is enabled in Control Center under Sound &
16 > Multimedia/System Sound. Make sure the server is started.
17
18 Enable sound system is selected, but the 'test button' does nothing.
19
20 > If you are able to
21 > get sound from the test button, but system sounds still wont work look for
22 > knotifyrc under you homedir in ~/.kde/share/config, and change the 'UseArts'
23 > Feild to true,
24
25 [Misc]
26 LastConfiguredApp=Atlantik
27
28 [StartProgress]
29 Arts Init=true
30 KNotify Init=true
31 Use Arts=true
34 > then back to the sound server to restart it. This is a known
35
36 Not sure how to restart it... So I'll just exit the session and
37 log back in?
40 > bug in kde bugzilla. which I suffered from :p. (NB sometimes if you do
41 > strange things it will reset itself to False. you will have to manually fix
42 > it again.)
43 >
44 > No luck? Try logging out and back in after changes? Hows that?
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list