From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dovecot config
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 21:47:01
1 I'm trying to configure dovecot to give me a mix of virtual and real
2 users. It's working fine for my real id.
3
4 But it's not working for my antlists virtual id :-(
5
6 I know it's the authentication messing up, but I don't know what or how
7 to fix it - I don't use anything more complicated than /etc/passwd, and
8 it looks like it's desperate to use pam.auth and getting itself all in a
9 twist.
10
11 If I create the dovecot passwd file with
12
13 antlists:{PLAIN}password
14
15 thunderbird complains that there's a problem with the server.
16
17 But if I use htpasswd to create the entry in the passwd file, it complains
18 pam_faillock(imap:auth): User unknown
19
20 So as a complete guess, I'm thinking maybe htpasswd and dovecot are
21 using different encryptions? I just don't have a clue how to get them on
22 the same page ...
23
24 Cheers,
25 Wol