From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] .tmp-unverified-download-quarantine
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 22:40:29
1 On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 11:15:31 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > According to my emerge --info output I have sandbox, usersandbox and
4 > userpriv, all set. The owner of my portage directory and all files
5 > therein is root:root. Should the ownership be portage:portage? What
6 > is the default?
7
8 As it happens, I switched a machine from rsync to git syncing last night,
9 so started with a new tree. Everything is root:root. That implies that
10 portage does not drop permissions for the sync, otherwise it wouldn't be
11 able to write to the tree. And ps confirms that with an rsync sync, rsync
12 is running as root.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Cross a tagline and a tribble? You get a full HD...