From: Steve <Gentoo_sjh@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] iFolder server...
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 15:09:09
1 Has anyone else played with iFolder on Gentoo?
2
3 I followed these links:
4
5 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_iFolder
6 http://www.ifolder.com/index.php/HowTos
7 http://www.ifolder.com/index.php/HowTo:Building_iFolder_Enterprise_Server_on_Gentoo
8 http://www.ifolder.com/index.php/HowTo:Building_Simple_Server_on_Gentoo
9
10 I get as far as issuing:
11
12 # rsync -rtv --delete ultra.hivalley.com::ifolder-overlay ifolder-overlay
13 rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
14 [receiver=3.0.2]
15
16 I wonder, does this work? If so, what I am I missing? If not, what
17 competing technologies might I consider (assuming there are better ideas
18 than regularly scheduling rsync)?
19
20 I am attracted to the idea of automatically shadowing my 'home dir' on
21 each of the machines I use... I'd only ever use one at a time - and
22 each would come into network connectivity with my gentoo server before I
23 put down the keyboard of one and start to use another. Aside from
24 disconnected operation, I'm also keen on the idea of having multiple
25 physical copies (in case of disk failures) and the idea that I'd have
26 low latency access to all my files. In the past I fiddled with OpenAFS
27 - but found it too complex for my purposes... especially on a network of
28 heterogeneous OS.
29
30 Hints?
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list