From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on Laptop: 2 problems
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:22:20
1 Hello,
2
3 I've been installing Gentoo on an IBM Thinkpad T43 and, while I've been able
4 to get a mostly working machine, I need some help for fine tuning:
5
6 First (but not very important): I can't get the system to use a domain name.
7 The domain name is correctly written in /etc/conf.d/domainname, but typing
8 domainname returns (none). I can set the domainname with domainname "name of
9 the domain" but this does not survive a reboot ?!
10
11 Second, I can't set the power managment in KDE's Control Center because "ACPI
12 was probably enabled, but some of the sub options were not". I used Genkernel
13 without using --menuconfig so I checked and it looks like everything has been
14 compiled as modules.
15
16 Now my question is: should I recompile a kernel with the ACPI options compiled
17 into the kernel, or load the modules?
18
19 Thanks for any hint,
20
21 Thierry
25 The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
26 capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
27 safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
28 Frank Zappa
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list