From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Does Firefox call Google?
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 00:29:43
1 On 09/23/2009 03:10 AM, Grant wrote:
2 >>> Does Firefox periodically make Google requests for
3 >>> some reason? The person logging in says they aren't attempting to
4 >>> access Google, and the home page is not set to go there. Does anyone
5 >>> know why this might be happening?
6 >>
7 >> If you haven’t disabled it, Firefox periodically downloads a current list of
8 >> malware addresses for its phising filter.
9 >
10 > Thank you. Is this the checkbox: "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is
11 > a suspected attack site."
12
13 Two options, in the "Security" tab:
14
15 "Block reported attack sites" and "Block reported web forgeries."