From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system clock keeps getting reset to weird times
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:11:29
1 On 11/21/05, Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr> wrote:
2 > I too have a clock problem (the time returned by "date" being one hour
3 > fast), and I have been fiddling with "hwclock" without finding the right
4 > way. When I saw the above post, I thought that it gave me the answer,
5 > and tried to apply it, but had no success (I used both --utc and
6 > --localtime).
7 >
8 > The legal time, here in France and at this (winter) period, is GMT + 1,
9 > as shown correctly by the clock of my iMac, but "date" keeps returning
10 > GMT + 2.
11
12 Are you syncing time with an external time server? (run rc-update -s | grep ntp)
13
14 What timezone does /etc/localtime point to? (it should be a symbolic
15 link pointing to /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Paris)
16
17 -Richard
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list