From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Calculating dependencies...: Any way to make it faster?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:22:27
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 07:03:30 +0100, Tomas Mozes wrote:
3 >
4 >> Binary packages:
5 >> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/94176
6 > In my experience, using the -k or -K option makes emerge take longer to
7 > calculate the package list, which makes sense as it also needs to check
8 > the availability of packages.
9 >
10 > You could try a lower --backtrack value, but the time saved may be more
11 > than lost again when it causes problems.
16 Setting the backtrack to a lower value was all I could think of too.
17 Other than that, I think it just needs horsepower under the hood.
18
19 This topic reminds me of when I was installing Gentoo on a 133 MHz
20 machine with around 256MBs of ram. It's been a while but still, it was
21 slow.
22
23 Dale
24