From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo, udev and Palm Tungsten T5
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:02:33
1 no but I have used a treo 600 and it works fine.
2
3 whats more i found this last night:
4
5 http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
6
7 (near the bottom)
8
9 which also points to this:
10
11 http://www.clasohm.com/blog/one-entry?entry%5fid=12096
12
13 I am yet to set up any udev rules for it. Some points to note:
14
15 1. unlike many usb devices plugging a palm device in is insufficient to
16 get the kernel and udev and hotlpug to do anything. you need to push the
17 hotsync button.
18
19 2. you then get two devices (well on the treo anyway) - something like
20 ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1 - only one of them is any good, the odd one. They
21 may not be in the top level of /dev, but in some subdirectory. find and
22 the kernel logs are your friends.
23
24 3. sometimes the next time you press the button the kernel assigns
25 ttyUSB2 and ttyUSB3 which is annoying, and had me stumped for a while. A
26 udev rule pointing to /dev/pilot (as proposed by Daniel Drake and
27 Carsten Clasohm) should fix that. I look forward to implementing it.
28
29 I am assuming that there is nothing in the tungsten 5 that changes any
30 of that, if there is I apologise for wasting your time, and can be of no
31 further assistance.
34 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:56:33 +0200