From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Encrypted backups under Gentoo
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:37:30
1 On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:57:47 +0200, Remy Blank wrote:
2
3 > > I'm now testing app-backup/boxbackup,
4 > > which seems good so far.
5 >
6 > Please report your findings on the list! I'm not all too happy about my
7 > current solution (rdiff-backup locally to a filesystem over dmcrypt,
8 > loopback-mounted from a file, followed by an rsync over ssh to a remote
9 > host), and I'd be happy to find something better!
10
11 I'm currently using it with a local server. If I decide to use the
12 backups on a remote server too, I'll probably stick to backing up to the
13 local server and then using rsync. It makes sense to have a copy of the
14 backup locally and only use the much slower option of restoring from a
15 remote host when absolutely necessary.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Top Oxymorons Number 36: Alone together