From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Documentation annoyances
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:11:15
1 On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 08:06:20PM -0800, Zac Medico wrote
2
3 > Walter Dnes wrote:
4 > > Guess what happens to the bookmarks next time there's a minor version
5 > > bump to any of those programs (e.g. when I update world)? I suppose I
6 > > should try to slap together a script that's run after emerge. It would
7 > > run the "find" command above, process the output, and create a file
8 > > ~/.docs.html with an unnumbered list of links to the actual
9 > > documentation. Sounds like a plan.
10 >
11 > That's the intended purpose of DOC_SYMLINKS_DIR which is documented
12 > in `man make.conf` (new in portage-2.1.2).
13
14 Now they tell me... after I went and put together a script to provide
15 pointers to html documentation<g>. I intend to get my script doing
16 multi-column display, so I'm not giving up on it.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list