From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:21:52
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: JimD [mailto:Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org]
3 > Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 11:50 AM
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using Gentoo for Sound Recording
6 >
7 > Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
8 > > Hi Folks:
9 > >
10 > > I am looking for some linux software to allow me to record our
11 church
12 > > services in digital format. I have a gentoo box set up and properly
13 > > working using audacity, however, a key feature that I need for our
14 setup
15 > > has been withdrawn from audacity, and it has made it become
16 unsuitable
17 > > for our needs. (I need to be able to drop some form of mark (track
18 mark
19 > > / label / whatever) on the moving waveform during recording. The
20 new
21 > > version 1.2.1 of audacity has made this EXTREMLY hard to do (it used
23 > > be a key shortcut))
24 > >
25 > > If anyone has any suggestions I would be most interested.
26 > >
27 > > TIM
30 > Do you need the ability to just have separate files? When I recorded
31 > the worship/sermon for my church I would plug in an old Archos MP3
32 > player/recorder to the mixer. The Archos had the ability to record to
33 > MP3 and it let me just push the pause button during recording and a
34 new
35 > MP3 file start.
36 >
37 > If the previous version of Audacity worked for you, is there any
38 reason
39 > why you just don't keep using that version?
40 >
41 > Jim
42 >
43 > --
44 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
45 [Timothy A. Holmes]
46
47 Jim:
48
49 We are recording digitally for burning to CD for distribution,
50 unfortunately, we don't have the mp3 recorder etc. As far as the old
51 version of audacity --- it was the windows version, and we had
52 significant stability problems with it
53
54 TIM
58 Timothy A. Holmes
59 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
60
61 Medina Christian Academy
62 A Higher Standard...
63