From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Argh: No KMail after KDEPIM upgrade
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:32:28
1 On Monday 13 June 2011 21:01:58 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Hi there!
3 >
4 > So I did the big KDE 4.6.3 -> 4.6.4 upgrade. Stupid me, I did not want
5 > to do this yet, but I missed the -a switch to a @system update, and that
6 > pulled in kdelibs-4.6.4. After this, konqueror no longer worked, so I
7 > did the full upgrade.
8 >
9 > Along came the change to KDEPIM 4.6. On next login, Akonadi stuff was
10 > migrated, and some errors happened. The notice boxes closed
11 > automatically before I could make screenshots. Something with the
12 > migration of 'Standard-Kalender' to native backend failed, and some more
13 > stuff I do not remember. Did not look too bad though.
14 >
15 > Anyway, KMail has a problem now. I get this error:
16 >
17 > KMail encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
18 > The error was:
19 > Failed to fetch the resource collection.
22 look up the akonadi error log
25 > BTW, double-clicking a file in dolphin does no longer open it, but asks
26 > for the application to open it with. No known applications are shown.
27 > Hmm, I remember having this before, and there was some easy solution
28 > like running kbuildsycoca4, but this did not help here.
29
30 /etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu
31 is missing. Just create a symlink to kde-4-applications.menu
34 #163933