From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: Post-Installation Problem
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 16:45:33
1 Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > ---------- Forwarded message ----------
4 > From: Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com>
5 > Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 12:23:13 -0400
6 > Subject: Post-Installation Problem
7 > To: gentoo-users@l.g.o
8 >
9 > Hi all. I've been working on a Gentoo install for quite some time in
10 > tech class, but I've hit a road block. I compiled a Genkernel, and
11 > that went smooth. However, I tried to emerge espeakup, and I got
12 > errors about how modules weren't enabled. I edited /etc/conf.d/modules
13 > and added two lines:
14 > modules="CONFIG_SPEAKUP"
15 > modules="CONFIG_SPEAKUP_SYNTH_SOFT"
16 > And reemerged the espeakup software; same error message, and on
17 > reboot, no software speech. Am I enabling the modules in an incorrect
18 > manner? If so, how to I get them to work?
19
20 I don't think those are the correct module names, you can tell by
21 looking at your kernel configs to see what speakup modules you have
22 chosen. Module names do not usually have config_ at the beginning.
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici