From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [systemd] Is this a NetworkManager bug?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 07:38:08
1 On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 16:39:18 -0700, walt wrote:
2
3 > I just switched my home LAN from wired to all wifi and I'm having
4 > trouble with NetworkManager at boot time.
5 >
6 > I have systemd start NetworkManager at boot because I need the internet
7 > for ntpdate and to start the nfs server for the LAN. Before I switched
8 > to all-wireless this method worked perfectly, but no longer.
9
10 If you only connect to a limited number of networks, you can do without NM
11 and let systemd-networkd handle it all for you.
12
13 https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=178625
14
15 For roaming, a network manager of some type is still preferable.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Tact is the intelligence of the heart.