From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] all syslog entries from fcron appear on console
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 15:55:00
1 On Fri, 17 Jun 2022 06:57:05 -0400,
2 John Covici wrote:
3 >
4 > Hi. I am using fcron and latest version of systemd 251.1 and what is
5 > happening is that all syslog entries from fcron are appearing on
6 > whatever console I am using which is quite annoying.
7 >
8 > I tried to put a drop in in /etc/systemd/system/fcron.d/00-fixlog.conf
9 > which says
10 > [service]
11 > StandardOutput=syslog
12 > StandardError=syslog
13 >
14 > and did a deamon-reload and restarted fcron, but no joy.
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
17 Well, I found out that systemd is very sensitive to the case of the
18 keywords -- I had service instead of Service and it was silently
19 ignored -- hate that. I don't know why it started, but putting
20 Standardoutput to syslog seems to have fixed it.
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici wb2una