From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Moving from Lastpass to Bitwarden
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 20:49:45
1 On 2021-02-17, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Lastpass is forcing people to use only one device type or pay a fee.
4 > [...]
5 > Anyone have info on switching from Lastpass to Bitwarden? Thoughts?
6
7 After doing a bit of reading, I've decided that I'm switching from
8 Lastpass to Bitwarden. I've been happy with Lastpass for several
9 years, and even got decent e-mail support when I had questions about
10 the command line utility. So, I considered giving them some money, but
11 they wanted $36 per year for Premium (that seemed expensive), and I
12 had no use for anything that $36 got me.
13
14 I've read postings from several people who have exported their
15 passwords from Lastpass and then imported them to Bitwarden with no
16 problems, I'll give that a go sometime in the next couple weeks. I may
17 even give Bitwarden $10. That seems like a more reasonable price, and
18 it actually gets me something I can use: encrypted online file
19 storage.
22 Grant