From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 3.1.6 and loss of sound
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 21:45:18
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Friday 30 December 2011 17:50:49 Michael Mol wrote:
3 >
4 > > I'm inclined to think you have something in your asoundrc (either
5 >
6 > > system-wide or user-local)
7 >
8 > Neither of those exists on my system.
9 >
10 > > that's shunting ALSA clients over to Pulse, and that Pulse has a
11 >
12 > > misconfiguration.
13 >
14 > /etc/pulse/daemon.conf hasn't changed since 8 Dec.
15
16 What about per-user configuration? When I was running an unholy combo of
17 Pulse, 64-bit WINE and 32-bit Adobe flash around a year ago, I regularly
18 had quirks were Pulse would reset my ALSA master mixer to 0, and I'd
19 have to go through and adjust a few levels before things worked properly
20 again.
21
22 Anyway, what are you using to try to play audio? A Pulse client? An ALSA
23 client? It's hard to narrow down where the fault is without knowing the
24 path the data's trying to take.
25
26 I'd suggest using 'aplay' to try to play back some .wav files.