From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ymessenger is going??
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:34:27
1 Dorin wrote:
2 > On Friday 17 November 2006 23:21, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> OK. I found that but maybe this is not what I am looking for. Let's
5 >> say I chat with someone and later on I want to go read it again. I
6 >> would like it to save a copy of the chat automatically without me having
7 >> to do it manually. Yahoo does this. Is this what I am looking for or
8 >> is it called something else?
9 >>
10 >> Thanks for the help. Just trying to get this to do what Yahoo does so I
11 >> can remove Yahoo.
12 >>
13 >> Dale
14 >>
15 >> :-) :-) :-)
18 > I haven't used Yahoo Messenger and don't know how it logs conversations. But
19 > with kopete, once you enable the history plug-in, you can select a contact
20 > from the list, then select from the menu Edit | View History and browse
21 > through a list of past conversations.
22 > You can do pretty much the same thing by using the (browser like) navigation
23 > buttons in a chat window. You might want to customize your toolbar if you
24 > don't see these buttons.
28 Thanks much. I see it now. I need new glasses and more sense too.
29 LOL Thanks much for the help. I'm getting used to Kopete. There is a
30 lot that I like about it over Yahoo to be really honest. May end up
31 being glad that Yahoo is going away. o_O
32
33 Thanks for the help.
34
35 Dale