From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weather thingy using up my network, ALL THE TIME.
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 10:47:29
1 Am Sonntag, 2. September 2012, 02:54:27 schrieb Dale:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I have this little weather "applet" thingy down at the bottom of my
5 > desktop in the thing I think they call the panel. Anyway, the weather
6 > thing has been sending something for HOURS now. I have logged out of
7 > KDE, reset the network and even the router just to see if it would die.
8 > As soon as I login or the router comes back up, it start sending data
9 > again. I can't get it to stop. As a last resort, I took the thing off
10 > my panel thingy. It still sends data like crazy.
11 >
12 > Does anyone know how to kill this thing? I'd like to surf the net
13 > without this thing hogging up my DSL connection.
14 >
15 > While I am at it. I'm supposed to get my weather stuff from NOAA or at
16 > least that is where it came from ages ago. Ever since I went from KDE3
17 > to KDE4, it wants to come from wetter.com which doesn't work to begin
18 > with. This is what I think it is doing to my network. It is trying to
19 > get data that doesn't exist to begin with so it just keeps trying.
20 > Anybody know how to beat this thing silly? By the way, using iftop,
21 > that is where all this traffic is going to.
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
26