From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:25:26
1 On Monday 01 March 2010 21:07:18 Dale wrote:
2 > And to think I have been in KDE 4 for almost a week now. Maybe this is
3 > to soon to remove KDE 3?
4
5 To be fair, amarok is not part of KDE-4, it's a third party add-on to the KDE
6 framework. Not much the KDE devs can do about that except encourage the Amarok
7 devs to ship quality tested code.
8
9 Sort of like AdBlock - if it were poor quality it would not be a correct
10 reflection on Mozilla as a whole
15 > My pet peeve so far is the background slide show. Every time I log in,
16 > try to change a setting for the background, or sneeze the wrong way, it
17 > starts looking for the new images, even tho there may not be any. I
18 > have a huge amount of them and it takes almost 2 minutes to "rebuild"
19 > whatever it is building. While it is doing that, it won't do anything
20 > else.
21 >
22 > I'm hoping this will change sometime soon. Oh, I also don't like that
23 > the images are random. Most of my images are done as a slide show.
24 > Having them in random order sort of defeats the point.
25
26 My pet peeve is Desktop. I have two monitors at work and use two X screens.
27 KDE wants to create a Desktop and a Desktop-1 directory. I want it to just use
28 the same set of files for both - background, icons, plasma widgets must be the
29 same on both monitors, but actual app windows running there independent. This
30 seems perfectly reasonable to me - e17 does it out the box - but thus far I
31 have not found the magic voodoo spell that makes it happen.
35 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com