From: Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Two things, AC97 sound and Gnome issues!
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:46:49
1 Hello all,
2
3 if there is any one that can help me with the following two issue I
4 would be greatful.
5
6 1. I am have a error message when booting about snd_via82xx not
7 found. FATAL: Module snd_via82xx not found. is the exact message.
8
9 I have the driver as part of the kernel, when I don't ALSA then gives
10 a message like this:
11 ALSA device list:
12 Sound Card not found
13
14 I have emerged hal, dbus, alsa-utils and have added all of them to
15 rc-update level boot. I have run the alsaconf.
16
17 2. Now with gnome, when I type startx at the prompte I get the logo
18 and then it stops, I then have to move the mouse and click on the logo
19 and it goes away and then its just a blank screen. I have to do
20 ctrl+alt+backspace to get out and get to a prompte again.
21
22 If you have any other questions that I have not answered here please
23 ask so this may get fixed.
24
25 If any one knows how I could fix these issue I would be greatful and
26 thankful to you.
27
28 Sincerely,
29 Christopher