From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] *SOLVED* App/plugin to play CD?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 09:30:48
1 On 14/05/06, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Installing the XMMS plugin is the first step. There are two ways to
3 > get XMMS to work...
4 [snip...]
5 > 2) From "CTRL-C" or "Play AudioCD"
6 > In XMMS "CTRL-C" or (or select "Play AudioCD" from the menu)
7 > Click on right-pointing triangle (2nd from the left along the bottom)
8 > Menu opens up. It's already at /dev and the selection "cdrom"
9 > Click on "Play". Nothing happens, but don't worry...
10 > Click on right-pointing triangle (2nd from the left along the bottom)
11 > ...and it finally plays.
12 > Somewhat convoluted, if you ask me.
13
14 Strange, when I play Ctrl+C my XMMS reads the CD, fetches all the
15 titles and starts playing the first track, all on its own . . .
16
17 I use the CD Audio Player 1.2.10 [libcdaudio.so] module.
18
19 The only thing that annoys me on a laptop of mine (Compaq Evo N600c)
20 is that there is NO sound, until I either:
21 1. Press the sound +/- buttons on the front of the laptop (they
22 increase/decrease the Master setting of alsamixer)
23 2. Launch alsamixer and change (up or down) the sound setting of Master or PCM.
24
25 The same annoying 'feature' happens with the console bell - as it
26 happens I want to have bell sounding on the console.
27
28 Has anyone seen this mute-until-you-change-volume-setting before?
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list