From: Daniel D Jones <ddjones@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Remore control of current desktop
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 00:59:22
1 Is there a utility that will allow you to take control of the current Linux
2 desktop from a remote machine? This is the way VNC works in windows. Open
3 VNC on a remote machine and you see the exact same thing you see on the local
4 monitor, including any running programs. Under Linux, however, VNC (at least
5 the versions I've tried) opens up a new desktop which is separate from the
6 currently running desktop. This is a neat and useful tool, but it's not what
7 I need. Are there, perhaps, any VNC app which offers this feature under
8 Linux? Or some other way to do it? If it all possible, it needs to be OS
9 independent (take control of a Linux server frrom a client running on Windows
10 and vice versa.)
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list