From: "张 韡武" <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] a star-map wallpaper?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:36:26
1 Hello. Sorry for my English if there is a more correct way of saying "Star
2 map". By Star Map I mean something that shows the position of starts, as
3 well as brightness. The more like photo, the better.
4
5 Star moves in the sky all the time:
6 1) the star map in 20:00 is different from 21:00
7 2) the star map in today 20:00 is different from what it was yesterday 20:00
8 3) the star map in one city is different from in another city at the same
9 time
10
11 I am looking for an application dynamically change the backgroup of my gnome
12 desktop, showing the correct starmap of the very city I am in, of the very
13 day and correct moment. That might require the desktop image being replaced
14 once 15 miniutes, that doesn't matter, that's what I need.
15
16 Just U am too stupid to find it on the google, have anyone heard of such
17 application before?
18
19 The cloeset I could find is "nightfall"
20 http://www.hs.uni-hamburg.de/DE/Ins/Per/Wichmann/Nightfall.html
21 But still, that is too complicated and very accurite, what I really want is
22 some fancy desktop decoration, and it's so much of a waste not having such a
23 tool in an office that can see part of the sky.
24 --
25 锐业软服(国内业务) http://www.realss.cn
26 Real SoftService http://www.realss.com
27 销售咨询(Sales Department): 0086 592 20 99987 (Chinese, German, English)
28 国际业务(International Sales): 0086 10 8460 6011 (German and English)
29 联系:厦门大学科技园,嘉庚二号楼6楼
30 邮政:厦门大学2312号信箱(邮编361005)
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list