From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Konqueror & quicktime movies
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 17:23:35
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have for some years now survived without having mplayer on my machines
4 <shock/horror!> As a result I have not been able to play quicktime movies in
5 Konqueror. I have added the necessary link to gxine under File Associations
6 but it won't launch it. I see a noatun embedded front coming up instead
7 which just stays there empty (no download takes place).
8
9 As a side issue, I have not yet been able to play HD clips from the Apple
10 Trailers website using Xine or Gxine, but read in the forums and google that
11 mplayer can play them alright.
12
13 Is there a way to make gxine work in Konqueror as a plugin? Is mplayer really
14 necessary to achieve either of the above? What's your view and experience?
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick