From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] In search of a "good" windowmanager
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:57:51
1 On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 01:34:27PM -0400, Penguin Lover Philip Webb squawked:
2 > 090912 Lars Gust?bel wrote:
3 > > I've been using fvwm2 for years now ...
4 > > I have a graphical system monitor on my third desktop ...
5 >
6 > Can you have multiple desktops with Fvwm ?
7 > I couldn't find anything about it in the manual
8 > & dropped further investigation of Fvwm as a result.
9
10 Another vote for fvwm2.
11
12 Like someone else said, fvwm does almost nothing by default, but boy
13 is it configurable :) And yes, it does support multiple desktops...
14 the only limit to how many I think is your RAM.
15
16 You mentioned keyboard useable. I dunno if it will help, but my
17 old mouse/keyboard config is available here
18 http://www.math.princeton.edu/~wwong/fvwm/MouseKeyboardConfig.fvwm2rc
19 With my definitions I *can* use fvwm without using the mouse at all,
20 but I still use it to access the menu for convenience (the Menu key on
21 my laptop is not where one normally expects it to be).
22
23 Just my 2 cents.
24
25 W
29 What do you get when you cross a cat and a dog?
30
31 Ans. cat-dog-sine-theta
32 ~Prof. Paul Hagelstein. MAT 330. P-town
33 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1011 days, 11:41