From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mouse won't scroll anymore
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:55:55
1 On 11/29/05, Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > I currently use the following section for the USB mouse:
4 >
5 > Section "InputDevice"
6 > Identifier "USB Mouse"
7 > Driver "mouse"
8 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
9 > Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
10 > Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
11 > Option "Buttons" "8"
12 > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
13 > EndSection
14
15 Looks sane...
16
17 > It's rather similar to the above section. IS it possible that our
18 > problem doesn't reside in the InputDevice section?
19
20 Possible. But maybe there is also some corruption (binary characters)
21 in the xorg.conf file. I've seen xfree86/x.org behave strangely
22 before, refusing to see some options, because of garbage characters in
23 the configuration file.
24
25 > The Xorg.0.log is rather long, and I didn't find any lines in it which
26 > point in the missing wheel buttons. I don't want to mess the list with
27 > huge attachements (but I could put it on the web and offer a link if
28 > it's helpful).
29
30 If it isn't too much trouble, yes, do that. You are also welcome to
31 send the file to me directly, if you like.
32
33 Also, as your device name is "USB Mouse", you should be able to do:
34
35 grep "USB Mouse" /var/log/Xorg.0.log
36
37 -Richard