From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] provided kernel
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:52:35
1 On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:18:58 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2
3 > > The main problem is i really lack diskspace (on my eeepc 4gb) and I
4 > > can't install that kernel (not even install and uninstall it).
5 > > Besides, I would really like if emerge/portage could leave my kernel
6 > > alone, completely.
7 >
8 > Is the eeepc your only computer? If not, you can compile the kernel on
9 > the other system or mount the disk space via NFS.
10
11 Or mount an SD card as /usr/src.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Found my .sig, it was in behind the cushion on the settee.