From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What X fonts do I really need?
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 23:15:49
1 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > After I got xterm working properly on the new install, I looked at my
4 > list of installed fonts and did some hacking... and slashing... and got
5 > down to this...
6 >
7 > [i3][waltdnes][~] grep media-fonts /var/lib/portage/world
8 > media-fonts/dejavu
9 > media-fonts/font-bh-lucidatypewriter-100dpi
10 > media-fonts/font-bh-type1
11 > media-fonts/font-cursor-misc
12 > media-fonts/font-xfree86-type1
13 >
14 > That's in addition to any fonts pulled in by programs. Without
15 > dejavu, ICEWM menus look ugly. I like font-bh-lucidatypewriter-100dpi
16 > for xterms. In your experience, are...
17 >
18 > media-fonts/font-bh-type1
19 > media-fonts/font-cursor-misc
20 > media-fonts/font-xfree86-type1
21 >
22 > ...really necessary?
23
24 They are probably not necessary. Does it hurt to have them?
25
26 You might definitely want the fonts in the 'media-fonts/source-pro'
27 package. Those are kinda like Dejavu and Lucida done right, which you
28 don't need either.