From: Hiren Dave <hiren2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, VGLUG@××××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] another iptables question...
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:32:48
1 Hi,
2
3 I have configured iptables server on server1 (192.168.0.1/24).
4 Now I want to allow user root on server1 to be connected to network
5 and all other users on server1 will not be able to ping other PCs. So
6 I did this:
7 --------------------------------------------------------
8 #iptables -F
9 #service iptables stop
10 #iptables -A OUTPUT -m owner --uid-owner 0 -j ACCEPT
11 #iptables -A OUTPUT -j DROP
12 #iptables -L
13 Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
14 target prot opt source destination
15
16 Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
17 target prot opt source destination
18
19 Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
20 target prot opt source destination
21 ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere OWNER UID match root
22 DROP all -- anywhere anywhere
23 --------------------------------------------------------
24
25 Still other users including root can ping other PCs. Why is this not
26 working?
27
28 Also I have some diffulties understanding Connection Tracking(NEW,
29 ESTABLISHED, RELATED, INVALID) concept.
30 Can any one help me?
31
32 Any practical guide available on internet for iptables???
33
34 TnR,
35 Hiren