From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] national keyboard in open office
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 17:45:55
1 Pawel K wrote on 05/05/06 17:30:
2
3 > How to force open office to type national (Polish)
4 > fonts. I can see them on the screen when opening the
5 > document containing them but when I press the
6 > combination "right alt-<char>" it doesn't work. I've
7 > installed open office as english(USA) version and
8 > itshould stay like that. I want to be able to type
9 > Polish characters only.
10
11 > Additional information about my system:
12 > 1) system: linux Gentoo
13 > 2) open office 2.0
14 > 3) window manager: fluxbox
15 > 4) xorg.conf contains:
16 > Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
17 > Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
18 > Option "XkbLayout" "pl"
19 > Option "XkbOptions" "grp:switch"
20 > 5) /etc/conf.d/keymaps contains KEYMAP="pl2"
21
22 > thank You for help
23
24 I had a similar problem using the US_intl keyboard with OpenOffice.
25
26 Try LC_ALL=PL_pl.utf8 (or something like that) and start OOo from the
27 prompt to enable utf8. If this helps, to change your locale permanently
28 you should change (maybe add) /etc/env.d/02locale and run env-update.
29 You only need to set LC_ALL.
30
31 Cheers, Dave
32 --