From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub problem
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:37:14
1 Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
2 > Hello people, i am having a little trouble with grub. I've just
3 > installed a gentoo x86 (with intention of making it our first Gentoo
4 > powered server :D) and after the install i get the error:
5 >
6 > root (hd0,0)
7 >
8 > Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
9 > kernel (hd0,0)/boot/kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.22-gentoo-r8 root=/dev/hdb3
10 >
11 > Error 15: File not found
12 >
13 > I checked and the kernel name is right so any hints will be greatly appreciated ;)
16 > best wishes
17 >
18 > Rafael
24 Do you have /boot on a separate partition? If so, you may need to
25 remove the /boot from the kernel line. That may help.
26
27 Dale
28
30 --