From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network Monitoring (graphical web app)
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 13:58:37
1 I use Nagios and Cacti with much success.
2
3 http://www.nagios.org/
4 http://www.cacti.net/
5
6 -Mike
7
8 On 8/3/05, Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net> wrote:
9 >
10 > Hi all,
11 >
12 > I've been looking for a monitoring app that I can run on my
13 > server/gateway. The more graphical the better, I really like the looks
14 > of the graphs from ipac and grapher. But I'd like to get more details
15 > than just total interface statistics. I'd like to be able to see a
16 > graph for the total, but also a few extra graphs for watching specific
17 > ports (21, 22, 25, 80, 443, etc...). Being able to monitor procs,
18 > specific procs, and memory and stuff would be nice, but I can get that
19 > from other apps if needed.
20 >
21 > Any suggestions/recommendations?
22 >
23 > Thanks all,
24 >
25 > Chris Frederick
26 >
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
35 Michael E. Crute
36 Software Developer
37 SoftGroup Development Corporation
38
39 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"