From: Madhu <enometh@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] IBus + Ctlr-Shift-u - unicode hex input
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 16:57:29
1 (first post on the list), Hello
2
3 From https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Input_methods it would seem gentoo
4 on IBus should support Ctrl-Shift-u to support input of unicode
5 characters. I have Ibus compiled with USE="unicode -emoji", and with
6 /usr/bin/ibus-setup, the emoji tab shows an entry of "Unicode code
7 point" with <Control><Shift><u>. However this seems to have no effect
8 on the C-S-u keybinding, and I am not prompted for any hex input in
9 applications that use IBus.
10
11 If I type Ctrl-<period> or Ctrl-<semicolon> I do get prompted with a
12 dialog box full of smileys. So even with USE=-emoji emoji prompting works.
13
14 Where should I look for the reasons why Ctrl-Shift-u doesn't work?
15 Does it work for others? Ibus input method switching works (for
16 applications that support it: xkb methdods always work but I see
17 glitches with ibus-m17n input methods), only this unicode input isn't
18 working. Could this be an IBus bug? Apparently it works out of the
19 box on other distros.
20
21 ---
22 Madhu