From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] leafnode and xinetd.conf
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:05:30
1 THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
2 > On 3/26/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
3 > ..
4 >> /etc/xinetd.d/leafnode
5 >>
6 >> > such that it's appended /etc/xinetd.conf when xinetd runs?
7 >>
8 >> Check out your /etc/xinetd.conf.
9 >>
10 >> But /etc/xinetd.d/leafnode will be included, yes.
11
12 > thufir@localhost ~ $ cat -n /etc/xinetd.d/leafnode-nntp
13 > 1 # default: off
15 > 3
16 > 4 service nntp
17 > 5 {
18 > 6 socket_type = stream
19 > 7 protocol = tcp
20 > 8 wait = no
21 > 9 user = news
22 > 10 server = /usr/sbin/leafnode
23 > 11 disable = yes
24 > 12 }
27 Sure? Why disable=yes?
28
29 > After I have this done, I might be inclined adding to the gentoo wiki on this :)
30
31 Well, go ahead - but I don't think that changing "disable = yes"
32 to "disable = no" is a good enough reason for adding something
33 to the Wiki. But that's just me.
34
35 Alexander Skwar
36 --
37 People who go to conferences are the ones who shouldn't.
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list