From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange grub problem
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 08:00:32
1 On Sunday 20 July 2008, Ivan Alden wrote:
2
3 > When I reboot I can't
4 > see the grub splashscreen any more but if I press enter I does boot into
5 > my kernel. As the computer is booting the output looks all messed up
6 > (but you can make that its initializing devices) until it reaches around
7 > the networking devices which then corrects and works properly.
8 ...
9 > Does anybody have any suggestions of how to fix this?
10
11 Copy a grub splash image from /usr/share/grub/ or /usr/share/splashimages/
12 back into your /boot/grub/
13
14 The last grub upgrade has messed up your settings without asking you -
15 unacceptable behaviour for an ebuild.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick