From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to emerge anything...
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 09:37:21
1 On Saturday 05 January 2008, Richard Torres wrote:
2 > I'm getting pretty much the same error (C compiler cannot create
3 > executables). I'm pretty sure it's because gcc-3.3.4 is installed.
4 > I've tried upgrading gcc by emerging but get the same error (catch-22
5 > situation). Here's the last part of the error log which is the same
6 > with anything I try to emerge.
7
8 A quickpkg of gcc might help you out of this, it's about 7M or so so
9 small enough to mail to you. Perhaps some kind soul here with similar
10 settings to you can send their tbz2 of gcc-3.3.6.x
11
12 Alternatively, you might be able to unpack a working gcc tarball from a
13 stage 3 onto your system and use that
14
15 It doesn't help you right now, but I've managed to screw up enough
16 gentoo systems enough times that I now keep quickpkg copies of known
17 good working critical packages in $PKGDIR - minimally gcc, glibc,
18 python, portage, tar and a shell
19
20 alan
23 Alan McKinnon