From: Edward M <edwardunix@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why media-libs are needed for an email client.
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:22:42
1 On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:39:53 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 03:53:14 -0800, Edward M wrote:
5 >
6 > > So basically
7 > > kmail needs media-libs that KDE uses so it can play sound
8 > > notifications, even though i'm using another DE instead of KDE?
9 >
10 > Yes. If you were using KDE, all of those dependencies would already
11 > be in place for desktop notifications. It beats me why anyone would
12 > want to use KMail on KDE, let alone with any other DE.
16 Thanks for confirming I'm on the right track.
17 I 'm glad that I finally understood it from the kind help I
18 received in all the replies.
19 I saw kmail mentioned somewhere and i got curious about it,
20 but after i noticed the depends it was pulling i lost
21 that curiosity. I'm sticking to claws-mail.