From: laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /usr/lib/ccache/bin does not exist, big deal?
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:14:52
1 daid kahl a écrit :
2 >> I'm emergin system and world after a little while, maybe 4 months, I got
3 >> directory does not exist /usr/lib/ccache/bin
4 >>
5 >> I search a bit, and it seems that ccache accelerate compiling.
6 >> So it's seems to emerge anyway in a good way.
7 >> What should I do to kinda make it better ? Just create that folder??
11 > The short answer is to edit make.conf and create a new directory. For
12 > example, here is a copy from my make.conf of the relevant location
13 > (sorry for the line numbers):
14 >
15 > FEATURES="collision-protect sandbox ccache userpriv usersandbox buildpkg"
16 > # features for the cowboy in you
17 > #FEATURES="-collision-protect -protect-owned sandbox ccache"
18 > CCACHE_DIR="/var/tmp/ccache/"
19 > CCACHE_SIZE="2G"
20 >
21 > You need to add the FEATURE ccache (don't worry about the rest of
22 > mine, but you should have some FEATURES I hope!), define the
23 > CCACHE_DIR & CCACHE_SIZE variables, and make sure the CCACHE_DIR is
24 > created.
25 >
26 > For more information, you can check the gentoo wiki:
27 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Ccache
28 >
29 > Personally, right above the FEATURES declaration in make.conf, I have
30 > a stack of comments so I can remember what features are available and
31 > remember how to use them:
32 >
33 > # Notes of all possible FEATURES and the respective effects
34 > # 'assume-digests'
35 > # when commiting work to cvs with repoman(1), assume that all
36 > # existing SRC_URI digests are correct. This feature also
37 > # affects digest generation via ebuild(1) and emerge(1) (emerge
38 > # generates digests only when the 'digest' feature is enabled).
39 > # 'autoaddcvs' causes portage to automatically try to add files to cvs
40 > # that will have to be added later. Done at generation times
41 > # and only has an effect when 'cvs' is also set.
42 > # 'buildpkg' causes binary packages to be created of all packages that
43 > # are being merged.
44 > # 'ccache' enables ccache support via CC.
45 > # 'confcache' enable confcache support; speeds up autotool based configure
46 > # calls
47 > # 'collision-protect'
48 > # prevents packages from overwriting files that are owned by
49 > # another package or by no package at all.
50 > # 'cvs' causes portage to enable all cvs features (commits, adds),
51 > # and to apply all USE flags in SRC_URI for digests -- for
52 > # developers only.
53 > # 'digest' autogenerate digests for packages when running the emerge(1)
54 > # command. If the 'assume-digests' feature is also enabled then
55 > # existing SRC_URI digests will be reused whenever they are
56 > # available.
57 > # 'distcc' enables distcc support via CC.
58 > # 'distlocks' enables distfiles locking using fcntl or hardlinks. This
59 > # is enabled by default. Tools exist to help clean the locks
60 > # after crashes: /usr/lib/portage/bin/clean_locks.
61 > # 'fixpackages' allows portage to fix binary packages that are stored in
62 > # PKGDIR. This can consume a lot of time. 'fixpackages' is
63 > # also a script that can be run at any given time to force
64 > # the same actions.
65 > # 'gpg' enables basic verification of Manifest files using gpg.
66 > # This features is UNDER DEVELOPMENT and reacts to features
67 > # of strict and severe. Heavy use of gpg sigs is coming.
68 > # 'keeptemp' prevents the clean phase from deleting the temp files ($T)
69 > # from a merge.
70 > # 'keepwork' prevents the clean phase from deleting the WORKDIR.
71 > # 'test' causes ebuilds to perform testing phases if they are capable
72 > # of it. Some packages support this automaticaly via makefiles.
73 > # 'metadata-transfer'
74 > # automatically perform a metadata transfer when `emerge --sync`
75 > # is run.
76 > # 'noauto' causes ebuild to perform only the action requested and
77 > # not any other required actions like clean or unpack -- for
78 > # debugging purposes only.
79 > # 'noclean' prevents portage from removing the source and temporary files
80 > # after a merge -- for debugging purposes only.
81 > # 'nostrip' prevents the stripping of binaries.
82 > # 'notitles' disables xterm titlebar updates (which contain status info).
83 > # 'parallel-fetch'
84 > # do fetching in parallel to compilation
85 > # 'sandbox' enables sandboxing when running emerge and ebuild.
86 > # 'strict' causes portage to react strongly to conditions that are
87 > # potentially dangerous, like missing/incorrect Manifest files.
88 > # 'userfetch' when portage is run as root, drop privileges to
89 > # portage:portage during the fetching of package sources.
90 > # 'userpriv' allows portage to drop root privileges while it is compiling,
91 > # as a security measure. As a side effect this can remove
92 > # sandbox access violations for users.
93 > # 'usersandbox' enables sandboxing while portage is running under userpriv.
94 >
95 > Regards,
96 > daid
101 Thank you daid!