From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problem with openrc-0.18.4 and ifplugd
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 23:41:44
1 On Monday 21 Dec 2015 23:20:24 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 21 Dec 2015 22:38:21 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On 22/12/2015 00:37, Mick wrote:
4 > > > Am I alone in experiencing this? Any ideas for fixing it? Should I
5 > > > post a bug and if so where? I'm thinking that asking Lennart to fix
6 > > > ifplugd so that it works with openrc would be taking it a step too
7 > > > far. :p
8 > >
9 > > read the news items for the last 3 months or so.
10 > >
11 > > openrc changes, networking and service dependencies have changed
12 > > somewhat, all well documented in the news items
13 >
14 > Thank you Alan, I believe I've read the news item you refer to, but I am
15 > not sure I understand how or why it applies to two laptops. The news item
16 > refers to localmount and netmount which if they cannot be mounted will
17 > cause problems. I don't use netmount on these laptops:
18 >
19 > # rc-update -s -v | grep mount
20 > localmount | boot
21 > mount-ro | shutdown
22 > netmount |
25 > localmount works and I see no failures in mounting my filesystems. What
26 > fails repeatably is ifplugd, which no longer starts wired or wireless
27 > devices.
28
29 I got rc.log going. Attached, in case you can spot something amiss. Please
30 note wlan0 NIC was switched off at the time.
33 Regards,
34 Mick

rc.log text/x-log